Rider of Roo — Chi Wai Yip
When did you start riding with Deliveroo, and what kind of vehicle do you use?
– I started riding with Deliveroo back on 1st August, 2017 as a scooter.
Why did you start riding with Deliveroo?
– My friend recommended me Deliveroo, knowing that it provides a lot of flexibility in working hours and good earnings.
What do you like to do outside of riding? What are your interests/hobbies?
– I love swimming.
What do you enjoy most about riding with Deliveroo?
– I get a lot of freedom as a rider, unlike other jobs that require working indoors.
What does an average delivery in Hong Kong look like?
– The roads in Hong Kong tend to be quite narrow. The new distance-based fees system allows riders to take orders at their nearest locations. This allows orders to be delivered much faster than the old system.
What’s your favourite thing about Hong Kong?
– Hong Kong is not a very big place so food, malls and convenient stores are always nearby.
Is there anything else you’d like to share with riders in Australia?
– Hong Kong is a unique market where we have walkers as riders. A lot of people don’t know about this!