Self Serve Booking Tool
The self-serve booking tool gives you the flexibility to book and cancel sessions for whenever you want to work – right inside the app after you logged in!
Watch this helpful how-to video and get all the details.
Self-serve allows you to quickly view and book sessions in your zone, right inside the rider app! While its recommended to book sessions as soon as they’re released, you are also free to book right before the session you wish to work where there are still slots available.
Our new system can accurately predict customer demand at any given time. This ensures there are the right numbers of riders on the road for the work available, which will give you more certainty over earnings.
HOW BOOKING WORKS
A week’s sessions for booking zones become available one week in advance and will be released in the app every Monday at 17.00. It’s also possible to gain priority access at 11:00 and 15:00. For example, sessions released for booking this Monday, September 17, will cover the week beginning Monday, September 24. You’ll always be shown sessions in your zone, or sessions in neighbouring zones directly nearby
It’s also possible to gain priority access at 11:00 and 15:00 on Monday. Priority access to booking is available to riders who provide the most consistent, quality service. This is determined based on the following:
- Attendance – the percentage of booked sessions you’ve attended
- Super-peak participation – the number of sessions you’ve worked during the busiest periods (6pm to 9pm on Saturday and/or Sunday)
- Late Cancellation – the percentage of cancelled sessions less than 24 hours in advance over the number of booked sessions
- Sessions attended: Number of sessions you’ve attended
- Vehicle bonus: Using a more efficient vehicle may give you earlier booking access
You’ll see your numbers for these statistics in the app. They will change each week based on how you’ve chosen to work and how your statistics compare to other riders. Your statistics are only based on the last 14 days you have chosen to work. On Sunday mornings, the statistics are locked and you’ll receive a push notification with your release time for the next day.
To protect earnings and provide fair access to all riders, a maximum of 50 sessions can be booked every Monday, with a maximum of 75 sessions for priority access riders. From Tuesday this temporary limit is then lifted. The total amount of sessions available for booking is determined by the number of orders we anticipate – this is to make sure there is always the right number of riders on the road.
Going on holiday or have a change of plans? No problem! To cancel a booking go to the ‘My Bookings’ screen, tap ‘Change’ next to the relevant booking and turn off the switch on the pop-up. You can cancel anytime you want. Cancellations made more than 24 hours before your booked session will have no effect on your statistics.
By tapping ‘Request Weekly’ for a session, you automatically request to book the same session on that day/time for the weeks ahead. (It’s not guaranteed)
Your booking for a session will only be confirmed one week in advance. Confirmation and allocation of weekly requests are based on:
- Priority group – if you are in a priority group, you are more likely to be allocated your requested weekly sessions
- Your recent activity – the more sessions you have attended over the past few weeks, the more weekly requested sessions you may be allocated
- Demand – as order volumes change week on week, the number of available sessions will also change
If your booking is confirmed, you see the green ‘Booked’ tag.
You also have the option to sync your bookings to your calendar – just open the rider app, go to Settings, tap Sync to calendar and then turn on the toggle for Sync planner with calendar.
If you want to book a specific session but none are available for your preferred zone, tap the Notify button to receive a push notification if that session becomes available.
The push notifications for available sessions are prioritised by:
- Neighbouring sessions – If you have a session booked before or after the newly available session you will be likely to be one of the first to be notified. For example, if a 12:00-13:00 session on Friday becomes available and you have already booked the 13:00-14:00 session you will likely receive one of the first notifications.
- Priority group – If you are in a priority group, you are more likely to be notified before other riders.
- When you selected ‘Notify me’ – If you were one of the first to select Notify me, you may also be notified before other riders.